So how about a quick recap of the year so far?
- finished my Holtzmann accessories
- finished my flamingo bass for Alice in Wonderland
- made a light up Navi hat for streaming Ocarina of Time (sadly got roughed up at a party and only survived 3 weeks use)
- went to frost con and wore Holtzmann and Alice (con post to follow soon!)
- was given Pokemon Moon
- played Pokemon Moon
..... while that little summary is a bit hyperbolic, it still feels accurate. Let's try again.
- published SelfieCon video by the Video Ninja
- made a casual Gremlins 2 "costume"
- made a Zelda crown for streaming Link to the Past
- finished all the faux embroidery on my Cersei dress
I worked hard in Jan getting ready for Frost Con and then I came home from the convention feeling weird about cosplay and not super energetic about making things. It has only been in the last week that I have finally gotten back to working on Cersei's dress. This weekend I set myself up with lots of entertainment (twitch streams, MBMBAM, Venture Bros commentary, and some Captain Disillusion) and just ploughed through all the hand sewing I had left. I really REALLY want to say that the costume is done now, but it's not, which is getting me down. There's so much more to replace. But hopefully I can get working on that ASAP and get it off my plate so I can finally move on to something NEW for Toronto Comic Con or Costume-Con. Or Kitchener Comic Con, which happens between those two.
And speaking of coming up, how is March looking?
- continuing to stream the #DanSavesHyrule / #JenSavesHyrule series with The Video Ninja
- continuing to collect Pokemon in Alola
- Breath of the Wild comes out this Friday, so there goes the rest of my free time, right?
- going to try to fit in a Wicked + Divine photoshoot with pals soon
- Kurumasha is coming to visit for a weekend
- Toronto Comic Con is happening March 17-19. I'll be working for the cosplay workmanship contest for the weekend, so I hope to see lots of awesome costumes!
- new Tizzie photos from Centre Island
- new Holtzmann photos from Frost Con
- new Alice photos, also from Frost Con
- remaining upgrades to Cersei and starting on my CC35 "Single Pattern Contest" project are next.